Education Inspires Knowledge
Number one Centre
The Taranaki Disabilities Information Centre is a hub for our local and regional health and disability sector. Find out about the types of events we facilitate and host.
Health and Disability-Outdoor events
We hold a variety of events throughout the year:
Health and Disability Awareness Days
Each year we do something to mark these important days:
- May Day (1 May)
- International Day of the Older Person (1 October)
- International Day of the Disabled Person (3 December)
- Health Day Community Invovlement ( Hawera) (Opunake) (Waitara) (Urenui)
- If you’d like to hold your organisation’s awareness day here, talk to us.
Information-sharing sessions for disabled people and families
Topics include informed choices, and advocacy.
Demonstrations of equipment and products
For example, new or upgraded wheelchairs, incontinence products.
Looking for disability equipment training facilities?
Agencies are able to hire our facilities and use our demonstration equipment for training. For example, for manual hoist training, use of hi-low beds.
Need a place to meet
We’re privileged to host a variety of groups and organisations in our conference room.
- Disability Support System (DSS) Transformation - Regional Leadership Group
- Disabled Persons Forums
- Age-Friendly Groups
- Central DHB
- Primary Health Organisation (PHO)
- New Zealand Federation of Disability Centres.
Others include: CCS Disability Action, and many others.
Want more information?
We’d be delighted to talk to you about hosting your next meeting, awareness day, event or training session.
Call or email us
06 759 0019
28 Young Street, New Plymouth 4310
PO Box 1550 Westown
New Plymouth 4340