Taranaki Transport Assistance is to help people with impairments to get out and about in their communities
- Total Mobility members receive a concession fare on Citylink, Southlink and Connector buses when they show their ID card to the driver.
- Access discounted bus fares are also available for people with permanent or temporary disabilities who do not have a Total Mobility ID card for use throughout the region. For an Access card, contact the Taranaki Disabilities Information Centre on 06 759 0019.
- Passengers over 65 years with a SuperGold card can travel free on Citylink, Southlink and Connector bus services from 9am to 3pm and after 6.30pm weekdays, and on any Saturday service.
Contact Total Mobility Call us on 0800 868 662 or firstname.lastname@example.org Under the Total Mobility scheme, the Taranaki Regional Council
A nationwide scheme aimed at assisting people with impairments to become more mobile and active in the community by providing transport assistance through approved taxi companies and companion driving services.
The Council’s Total Mobility Scheme provides discounted fares for eligible members who otherwise have no or limited access to public transport services. Whatever your need, including getting to medical appointments or to the supermarket, Total Mobility makes it easier by saving you up to half the cost of a normal fare.
Connector Bus service Hawera-New Plymouth
Free travel for TDHB patients and visitors – contact your local hospital or medical centre for bookings. Mon-Fri: 4x Hawera–NP return services and 1x Opunake–Hawera return service (excludes public holidays).
For more info visit: www.taranakibus.info Concession bookings for general public available (includes beneficiaries, Total Mobility members and ACCESS card-holders. Freephone Pickering Motors 0800 266328 Book online www.trc.govt.nz/MyConnector/.
Access Discount Bus Cards are now being replaced with the new Tag on Tag Off - Bee Card (plastic eftpos size) from 19 October 2020.Your clients, individual users will need to complete an Access Concession Application Form made available from the Taranaki Disabilities Information Centre 28 Young Street New Plymouth (a support person or caregiver can do this on their behalf).
On behalf of the Taranaki Regional Council, Transport Team are advising us here in Taranaki to BEE ready, BEE prepared for a new change.
These forms will be returned to the Taranaki Regional Council and Bee Cards issued to the clients by mail. Once Bee card is live, customers will be able to top-up on the buses, online (if they have access to the internet and a credit/debit card and have created an account online) or at one of the locations listed below. Bee Cards are free for a limited time, until 31 October. Then from 1st November, they will cost $5.00. For those who are unable to order online, cards are available from the following locations below.
- Puke Ariki i-SITE
- NP Bus Centre, Ariki St
- Tranzit, Sunley St, NP
- Bell Block Library
- Waitara Library
- Stratford i-SITE
- South Taranaki i SITE
- Pickerings Ltd, Opunake
Forward this email and let anyone know of this change, new system of the Bee Card. For further information, please contact
- Passenger Transport Officer
- Taranaki Regional Council
- 47 Cloten Road | Private Bag 713 | Stratford 4352, New Zealand
- P 06 765 7127 | F 06 765 5097 | www.trc.govt.nz
- Working with people | caring for Taranaki
More information www.trc.govt.nz/busfares/#access
It is the people, It is the people, It is the people! He Tangata, He Tangata, He Tangata.
Call or email us
06 759 0019
28 Young Street, New Plymouth 4310
PO Box 1550 Westown
New Plymouth 4340