Taranaki Base Hospital Changes
There are big changes happening at Taranaki Base Hospital as they start the new East Wing build. Changes to entrances and car parks started on Monday 14 June so if you’re planning a trip to the hospital make sure you’re well planned and organised.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• The main hospital building entrance and main reception area is moving around the corner to the old main entrance beside Cardiology.
• Gate 1, David Street - only to be used for entry into Maternity, Outpatients and the Emergency Department, or for drop offs at the main entrance and for people needing disability parking.
• Gate 2, Tukapa Street – use for entry into the COVID-19 testing centre, Public Health Unit, Child and Adolescent Community Centre (CACC), Medical/Oncology Outpatients, Cancer Coordination Centre, Drug and Alcohol, Older People’s Health and Mental Health services.
• Gate 3, Lorna Street – this entry is now CLOSED for the duration of the build.
• Gate 4 via Lyn Street – this is now the new entry into the main hospital public car park. It is also the entry point for some construction vehicles and has a new speed limit of 5km per hour.
• Access from the main carpark to the hospital building will be via the new public walkway which is clearly painted RED.